Monday, December 12, 2016

What a Ride

"Boring" is not a word I would use to describe these past few weeks.

They've been anything BUT boring.

Since I made the announcement last month that I'd be publishing my first book, I have been flooded with warm wishes, messages, encouragement, and the support of so many people around me. People whom I haven't spoken to in years have reached out and told me how excited they are.

It's been a ride, that's for sure. Ups and downs. Highs and lows. Twists and turns. There have been happy tears, overwhelming fears, anxiety, restlessness, unspeakable joy...and a couple heart-to-hearts with Jesus.

This writing and publishing business is a funny thing. You put yourself out there, invite people to meet characters you've secretly known for years, and wait to see how they'll respond. And I must say, the response has been great.

People literally from the other side of the world have congratulated me and shown so much excitement for this project. The crazy thing is...a month ago they had no clue about Emma or my writing! And then BOOM. The ride started, and all I've been able to do is sit back and take it in.

Sit back and let God lead.

So, I just want to say thank you. Thank you to all who have congratulated me and reached out to me these past few weeks. Your messages have meant so much. I'm overwhelmed by your responses and excitement, and I'm so thankful for the support that you all have shown me and DOLL HOUSE.

Not only are you my friends, but I am blessed to call you my "readers" as well. And for that, I am truly thankful.


-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment